Wednesday 16 May 2012

A Good Day


A very brief post here, inspired by the picture....

This is the image I see every day when I arrive at the farm, and it is without doubt the most happiest part of my day....

Hills spent twenty minutes in the menage today, eating her hay in the sunshine. She had the sun on her back as she munched, and I sat quietly watching her, happy that she was outside in the open. After a roll in the sand, she put in a couple of bucks, and had a little canter whilst throwing her head about with happiness and joy.

Better news yet, when I brought her back up to the yard, I left her ten minutes to chill whilst I did a couple of jobs. After those ten minutes there was only the slightest bit of heat in the leg. I keep having to pinch myself to let me believe we're on the up. Soon I'll be on her back and we'll canter happily together in our own world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment